Our Commitment During COVID-19
As an essential health care facility we are committed to providing safe, excellent care to our patients through these difficult and unprecedented times. Most importantly, we want to help keep our community safe and are committed to using our skills and resources in order to achieve this goal.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- We are limiting the number of people in our clinics to help maintain social distancing.
- Bathrooms, treatment tables, equipment, and all common areas are disinfected after every patient.
- We use disinfectants approved by the CDC that are effective against COVID-19.
- All treatment tables and exercise equipment are separated by more than 6 feet.
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 is available to all employees and patients throughout the clinic. All employees are washing hands before and after contact with any patient.
- Therapists will be wearing masks during treatment of patients and we ask you to do the same.
- Patients are asked to wait in their car if they arrive more than 5 minutes early to avoid congregation in the waiting area.
How do you know if other patients have it? I don’t want to be exposed to the virus.
As an outpatient orthopedic facility that is not connected to a hospital or medical clinic we do not tend to have patients who are sick in our facility. However, we are still screening all patients in accordance to the CDC and local public health department guidance regarding COVID-19. Each patient will (a) have their temperature taken (b) will be asked if they have symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste or other flu like symptoms; (c) if they have had close contact with anyone who has the COVID-19 virus. If the answer is yes to any of these, our staff will work to reschedule their appointment.
What options do I have besides coming into a clinic?
We offer one-on-one physical therapy sessions with a licensed Physical Therapist through our HIPAA Telehealth portal. Telehealth Physical Therapy is an effective way to continue treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic, or anytime you can’t visit a clinic. Please check out our Telehealth page for more information and call (805) 898-1907 to request an appointment.